March 12, 2009

I've always wanted to learn how to knit


Spring

Tree Cozy by Carol Hummel, part of an exhibition called Sculpture in the Heights in Cleveland, Ohio.
I've been so enchanted by these random art exhibitions I've been discovering recently!

It's a tree sweater to keep the tree warm and toasty during the frigid months! The eye-catching colors complement the bleak, wintry sky as well as the delicate spring foliage so perfectly. With the warm weather we've been getting recently, these photos show a transition to sunnier days.

By the way, does anyone remember The Lorax by Dr. Seuss (with those Thneeds knit from the fluffy tufts of Truffula Tree leaves)?


jennie

2 comments:

  1. WOW that is amazing! I wonder how they made the pattern... maybe sewed patches of knit material together? Super awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the book the lorax!
    these are so colorful/fluffy/cozy looking! i want one for my tree in my front yard!

    ReplyDelete